Transparency cards

Saturday, December 20, 2008


Happy Saturday all, I have two cards to share with you today.

I really love the look & uniqueness of using transparencies on my cards so I try to incorporate them when I can. A few essentials you will need when playing with transparencies are glue dots, a good paper trimmer, staz on inks as well as permanent markers.
The card above was inspired by kristina werner's style (link to her blog at side). I like the clean lines & simplicity of it. Playing around my foil, glitter, flock 'thank u' kit here from We R Memory Keepers. Just choose the sentiment/image you want, transfer onto CS & rub! I used some green glitter from the kit & love how it turned out.
The Red House card i stamped using PTI's board & beams, then coloured it in with markers. The set also comes with a good assortment of house related sentiments e.g. 'Just moved' & 'There's no place like home.
I used their 'Mixed messages' stamp set here for the sentiment though, amother one of my faves! :)
Here are 5 of my fave ways to attach transparencies:

1) Glue it down where it is covered up

2) Attach it with brads.

3)Use an eyelet

4)Use staples for a rugged look

5)Sewing/stitching the transparency


Also, Here's a card from Kristina Werner using transparencies:


Have a great weekend!
Share/Save/Bookmark

0 comments: