The box i was talking about...

Saturday, January 24, 2009

...and 2 more cards to share!
Ok, I know yesterday I said I'm done blogging for this week but I had to share these! Too cute not too *grinz*
So I was talking about this gable box tutorial from Splitcoast Stampers, and I made 2! Aren't they cute???
I'm loving the Raspberry Fizz paper from PapertreyInk. You can find those here. I also used their summer sunrise & dark chocolate paper for the above gable box as well. Actually now that I look at it, everything's from PTI! You know u're in love when you use them unconsciously :) The stamp set is 'Love Songs', full of adorable images & sentiments. Definitely one of my faves.

Next, I made a baby blu-ish gable box for my friend. [she requested this color combo for her bf]

The stamps for this box is from Heroarts, it's actually part of a round journalling stamp. I just taped off the parts I didn't want, inked the image & removed the tape before stamping. Easy technique to get the part you want from any stamps :)

On to the cards:

CardPositioning systems challenge this week was to use any past sketches so I chose #87 [this one] for the card above. I did the colors for the background with a brayer & a rainbow ink pad. Then I stickled the main flower & adhered pink bling onto the centre of the stamped flower images.

You can hardly tell from the photo but the large dots on the background are stamp-kissed with another heart stamp I had. I also added a butterfly by stamping it with StazOn on a transparency, cut & colored it with copics and adhered it next to my sentiment with glossy accents.


So after some bold colours I was in a softer baby pink mood [again] so I used pti's sweet blush paper for this. Love the soft colour! I then embossed the front with my square nestabilities & cuttlebug to create a frame around my sentiment & image.

The stamp is from IOD & I used copics to color the image . The stamp is actually a 2 tiered cake stand with cupcakes on top, I just snipped off the top part & used that for the inside of my card.

The sentiment is from autumn leaves & I heat embossed that with fine details gold embossing powder. I hope you likey!

Ok, I'm off for some last minute packing, enjoy your weekend :)
Share/Save/Bookmark

0 comments: