Sweet Inspiration

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Are there times when you get inspired by something you see in magazines or newspapers? This happened to me when I was reading the papers the other day & it this ad struck me immediately:
I know of paper crafters who keep a design journal ie. where they cut and keep snips of photos/pictures from magazines, brochures etc. I tried to once, keep them but oh well let's just say I'm not too great with keeping journals of any sort. [thinking back to the time when I was a kid & tried to keep a diary because that was the 'IN' thing but only lasted 3 days & the occassional diary flip 4 months later].
But! Even though keeping a design/idea journal or book isn't my style, I find that taking photos of things that inspire me works. It could be anything at all! My camera's never too far away from me & every 2/3 days when I upload my new cards/layouts etc I'll definitely see them. [no 'out of sight, out of mind' no longer]. Each to his own, right? What's your style? Do share!
Ok , anyways on to the card! I tried to capture the minty/ pastel colours in the ad & the topic [ice cream, of course!] & my new 'love songs' stamp set from PapertreyInk worked perfectly for this!
I used my 'labels one' nestabilities here to create layers , so fun! Check out this old post of mine for another use of the same nestabilities :)
For the ice cream, I stamped with papertrey ink's vintage cream. I think it came out nicely.
Here's a close up at the front, i stickled on the ice cream but it's probably hard to see from the photo. I also used some liquid applique from marvy uchida for the cherry & just drew in the stem with a red sharpie.
I hope you likey this card! Thanks for stopping by today :)

'I melt with you' supplies:
cs: bazzill basics
stamps: love songs by pti
brads: making memories
button: misc

Share/Save/Bookmark

0 comments: