Valentine's Day cards ideas ! [pt 2]

Friday, January 23, 2009

Hi & welcome to V-day card ideas part 2!

I've got 3 cards to share with you today, just to load u up with ideas before I fly off tomorrow :) Jakarta's internet connection is lack lustre so i don't foresee any blogging until next thursday :(
Anyways, I'm trying to make videos [with help from T ] on the tutorial I was telling you about, I have NO inkling whatsoever of video editing software so pls bear with me. It WILL be out soon [vdo or photo tutorial]
In the meantime, let's get on to the cards! I absolutely adore this PP from Teresa Collins, the stripes is the other pattern on this double sided PP. For the heart accent, I punched 2 large hearts.
-Using my large heart punch from EK I just punched out the PP & flipped it over to adhere on the front.
-a smaller heart punch in the middle of the PP heart
-another large heart punched out from DCVW glitter cs & used as a backing for the PP heart.
After putting everything together with dimensionals, I adhered a smaller glow in the dark heart sticker smack in the middle of the heart opening. Cute, huh? I like the graphic look :)

Let's move on to my 2nd card:


I got these really adorable Cosmo cricket blackboard not too long ago from a spree & I was excited to find that I had matching sentiments from my papertreyink 'faux ribbon' stamp set. The pink faux stitching is stamped using the same set as well.
The cute little truck is covered with7Gypsies savannah pp & the bunch of hearts image in the truck is from PTI's 'love songs'.
I finished the card inside as well:
The sentiment inside the card is from Heroarts & those little hearts you see at the bottom is from the 'love songs' set as well.
All paper & ribbons used are from PapertreyInk. Personally I think the above card is my fave :)

Last but not least, here's a cardshare as well as one of my entries for the Heroarts 'valentine' challenge over at their blog.
It's nice to be able to use this set from Heroarts again, I wanted something abit more 'mother & child' themed & the stamps worked it's own way into this card. I firstly stamped the large bird image on my white base & cut out the tail feather part aligning on a straight edge i drew earlier on with a pencil. [does this make sense?] I think there was a video on this by Jennifer Mcguire not too long ago, can't seem to find it :(
Anyhoooooss, I stamped the image multiple times on white cardstock & coloured it in with my Copic markers. Then I paper-pieced the bird with dimensionals.
The patterned paper is from the basic grey offbeat collection & the polkies background + sentiment is from papertreyink.
That's it for this week, here's wishing everyone a great Chinese New year!
And to the rest of you who don't celebrate this occasion, enjoy your weekend, thanks so much for popping by :)
eta: There's a really cute Gable box tutorial over at Split coast stampers this week, I made one last night and it's SO cute! Check the tutorial out here. Another great box for Valentine's :)
Share/Save/Bookmark

0 comments: