Tickets Holder

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Happy Tuesday peeps :) Angela commissioned this card last night to hold some play tickets she's giving her friend as a birthday gift. It's to the Singapore Repertory Theatre's rendition of Shakespeare's 'Much Ado About Nothing'. If you like having a picnic under the stars while watching a great humourous play, this is SO for you! I don't have a chance to catch it this year, but everyone whom I knew went told me it was excellent. More info here. So I wanted to create an evening scene & the masking/sponging technique worked perfect :) The couple silhouette is a stamp image from this Rubber Soul Wedding set. I masked off the veil, stamped & just coloured the image in with my black Copic marker. Then I hand drew the stars in the sky with a white gel pen.
The colours I used to sponge the evening sky are Tim Holtz distress inks (vintage photo & spiced marmalade) as well as Adironrack's sunshine yellow.
The card is made longer so I could include a folded over flap to make a pocket for the tics. I had some old creative imaginations music sheet patterned paper in my scrap bag & decided it was perfect for covering the inside ;) The pocket is held together with small eyelets set with my crop-a-dile.

And I included a little card to be inserted together with the tickets (for angela to write her greeting etc)

The sentiment in the insert if from PapertreyInk's Birthday Basics. A must get, and probabably the only set you'll ever need in terms of birthday card sentiments. I showed her these photos last night & she loved it. Hopefully her friend will love it too :)
And on a shopping note, I am SO getting lotsa goodies from PapertreyInk's release this month. Check it out here :)
Have a great day!
Share/Save/Bookmark

0 comments: