Childhood Buddies.

Sunday, June 7, 2009

Hello new Monday! I went up to Kuala Lumpur for Valentine's Day this year with T for a short trip as well as to celebrate my hildhood buddy's bday which falls on the 15th. Serene's mum and mine are Mahjong buddies back in the early 1990s and from then so were serene and me :) We went to the same primary school, even went to Japan & Australia for the first time together as kids. We somehow lost contact in the middle when I went overseas for studies for years and then found each other again by chance when I went to visit a 'friend's friend with a friend' at Beaufort college, Perth. There she was sitting there shouting my chinese name (which no one ever uses) , and we kept in touch from then on! The both of us cannot be more similar yet so different. Headstrong, wild and fun loving yet enjoy cooking & dogs. If you're reading this darling, I love ya :)
On to the layout, I started it off with a white base and built up the rest using the colours from our t-shirts in the photos. The part around the photos are pretty straightforward, stamps, alpha stickers, lace + scalloped border.
I had abit more fun with the top left corner of the layout though.
For this part I :
  • stamped the corner with a 'wrought scroll' stamp from Stampington & co. in blue
  • Die cut a flower from an old book then stamped over with some Technique tuesday stamps, added a threaded red button
  • stamped a flower from papertreyink's 'garden of life' & attached a contrast colored pearl accent
  • used a fancy brad with a red flower
  • abit more stamping with a catslife press rubber stamp

The this black strips of paper were added last as I thought it needed abit more oomph :) Some enabling:

  • Check out the June Basic Grey newsletter here.
  • A great way to store those long nestabilities here.
  • Some really cute note cards here (totally inspired me to make some for a friend who just had a baby) And check out the card box for it too (link on the post)
  • a great tutorial for embroidered flowers & a downloadable template here.

I hope you've enjoyed my share today, thanks for stopping by!


Share/Save/Bookmark

0 comments: