Valentine's Day Love coupon booklet

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

hello!!! you've seen that I've pretty much gotten ready for Valentine's day & some of my dearest friends have gotten their cards already, hope u all love them! hehe I normally don't try to send then out so early but it falls on the same day as the first day of Chinese New Year & everyone will be busy so! Anyhoos...I got inspired by THIS post over at the Silhouette blog & decided to mix & match some of the designs I downloaded from their online store. I am SO loving my Silhouette *sigh* More about the booklet first:
1. I used up ALOT of leftover Basic Grey's 'Bittersweet' Collection from last year's valentines. Papers, Brads & Rub ons!

2. The insides of the coupons were typed out in Word, printed out once on normal copy paper. Then I adhered some die cuts I cut using my cuttlebug & Nestabilities'Label Four' dies, stuck it over the printed spot & ran it through the printer again. I could've easily cut out any shapes for the coupon wordings using the Silhouette but I missed my Cuttlebug a little ;)
As to what to put on the inside, you can find some ideas here or come up with some of your own specially customised for your love :)

3.The finished booklet measures 2.5 inches x approx 5.5 inches & fit perfectly into one of those Unity Stamp Co. cloth mesh bags that I kept 'just in case' lol! The stamps come in these bags when you order from them. Re-use people, recycle!

For the booklet I used the 'love coupon book' & 'mini album love 2129' combined for the covers. (available from Silhouette's online store)The video below from Nichol Margouirk has some really good tips for using the Silhouette machine, be sure to catch the other 2 instalments too!

I'm hoping my guy's going to love my pressie (he seems to always show more appreciation for things i make him rather than buy!) so *fingers crossed*

Happy Creating & have a great day :)

Share/Save/Bookmark


0 comments: