layout: Preparing for Christmas

Friday, January 2, 2009

Too many photos from Christmas/New year celebration like me? Squeeze them into a 2 page layout! I managed 9 photos here, still managing to capture the essence of the photos at the end. I was too lazy to start mini albums e.g. my halloween mini.
So i trimmed 6 of my 4R (4x6) photos down to 3.5" by 6" and placed them next together in a row, stretched across two pieces of cardstock. Cut on the photo where the two cardstocks meet.
I also find that by putting a piece of ribbon across the 2 page layout pulls the pages together. I then attached punched out snowflakes along the ribbon as accents using my beacon's 3in1 advanced craft glue. {can't live without this glue, practically works on anything! I now use it on ribbons for my cards as well, doesn't add dimension & totally sticks! No need to waste expensive supertape/scor-it tape anymore} I used MME chipboard alphas that i got from a spree, they came naked so i took the pleasure in dressing them up with Adironrack Brights 'watermelon' ink & then using Tim Holtz's 'vintage photo' ink with a dauber to go over them. Lastly I sprayed them all over with 'Silver Mist' from Tattered Angels. Doesn't show up too well though, I tend to suck at taking photos of my layouts -_-
Anyways, here are closer looks at the layouts individually:


I hope this has inspired you to squeeze more photos onto your pages!
Come back tomorrow as I have a Valentine-themed card to share with you :) I'm going to enjoy my weekend by making more cards with my PapertreyInk stuff I'll be picking up tomorrow, can't wait!! Have a good weekend :)

Share/Save/Bookmark

0 comments: