Happy NY! Color Inspiration

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New 2009 everyone! I had a nice & quiet ushering in of the new year at my church, opting to give thanks to God & praising Him for everything in my life. I think it's waybetter than doing the annual 'squeeze-a-thon' with the crowd at the riverside, craning my neck just to get a tiny glimpse of the fireworks. I feel truly blessed today as I share with you today's card for Kristina's Color Inspiration challenge:
If you've noticed, I'm up pretty late tonight. My guy's downstairs with his biz partner troubleshooting their new internet shopping venture.
{More details to be shared once it's officially up!}
Anyways, I thought he'd like some company so here I am making cards! What better way to start the year, right? :) OK, on to the card!
I LOVE Kristina's color inspo this week, reminds me of all the beautiful sakura flowers that bloom end march/early april in Japan. PLUS, it's approaching Chinese new year soon {25th of Jan} and I needed to get some cards done anyways, so this was such a perfect color combo! If you don't know already, we Chinese LOVE all shades of reds. And white is kinda taboo to use {a colour we use for funerals}, hence I guess that explains why I don't have any white ribbons? Cream is ab fab though.
All the stamps I used for this card are from last year's Heroarts 'asian elements' set, have you seen their new 2009 catalogue yet? Check them out here!
Just some simple stamping and abit of paper piecing with the owl on the card. Plus Glossy accents on the owl & stickles on the flowers.
I also added some colour to the branches with my blender pen & olive green ink pad around the owl to highlight the area around it. I finished the card off by adding ribbons & a cute flower brad I found 2 days ago at a stationery shop! :)
I hope you likey this one, thanks for popping by & HaPPY NeW YeaR!~~

Share/Save/Bookmark

4 comments:

Paulina said...

Oooohhhhh! I LOVE this card! Love all the owls that have been coming out recently. :) Great job!

Carol Dunstan said...

now that's rather cool!

Lisa and Penny said...

Love it, what a great use of the colors. I love owls too :-)

Anonymous said...

cute and unexpected theme!