card: thank you {heroarts}

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Hey all! How was your Christmas celebration? Can you believe it's just a day to 2009? I have NO idea what I'll be doing for the countdown this year, kinda sad to say goodbye to 2008. Another year older {sigh....}
Anyways, today I have 2 cards to share with you.
Heroarts & Jennifer Mcguire is hosting a "thank u" card challenge over at the HA blog. Lots of great card & scrapbook ideas, go check it out and join in the fun for some great prizes too ! I love the sky blue colour on dark brown, looks simply delicious to me :)
I embossed some vellum CS with my cuttlebug & used "broken china" distress ink to go over the embossed area. Kinda gives it a subtle feel, don't you think? I also matted my tag (cut out the penguin in the centre & attached a felt snowflake with a brad) on vellum CS. I have to tell you that PapertreyInk makes the most wonderful vellum cardstock I've seen in the market so far. You can get them here.
On to the next card!

I haven't been playing with my favourite colour (pink!) for some time now, just had to make this one. I stamped the light pink paper with polkies & embossed Heroart's snowflakes with white embossing powder. I then finished off the look with some sticky diamonds :)
Don't you think the red heart adds a nice accent to the card? I punched a rich red heart out with my EK success heart punch & trimmed one side on a curve to fit in between my sentiments .
I hope you like the cards I've shared with you today, have a great week !
'justforu' card supplies
cs: bazzill & PTI stampers select vellum
stamps: heroarts & PTI polka dot basics
felt snowflake: Queen & co.
brads: Making memories
cuttlebug: divine swirl embossing folder & nestabilities label one
inks: broken china distress ink, PTI vintage cream & versafine sepia
'thank you' card supplies
cs: bazzil
pp: scenic route
stamps: Heroarts & PTI
punches: ek success small heart
ink: versafine black ink, versacolor
others: ranger white embossing powder, american craft thickers, paper piercer
Share/Save/Bookmark

0 comments: