Playing with new stamp + more new stamps!

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Hello, How's your Sunday going? I made a card yesterday with my new stamp courtesy of Heroarts, what better way to use it for their 'thanks' challenge going on at their blog?
I went for a monochromatic look of just browns, but as u can see i HAD to add a little colour where the sentiment was. :) This card was really simple to do, I just stamped the image with dark brown chalk ink, embossed the bottom half with the polka dot folder from Cuttlebug's 'Just My type', added a ribbon & distressed the edges!
Again, I used my fave 'Mixed messages' for the sentiment. It's a perfect size to fit inside the 3/4" square that i punched out on the front of the card.
Honestly, I was SO tempted to add more stuff to the card but I stopped myself. Sometimes, simpler can be better :)On the other hand, don't you just love it when new stuff arrives?? Especially if it's from Papertrey! Yipppeeee, I'm a happy girl this weekend :)
I took some photos of my scrap area, hopefully I'll get to show them to you soon . Thanks for stopping by, have a great day! :)
Share/Save/Bookmark

0 comments: