Card Patterns sketch #4

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Welcome to my weekly post for Card Patterns. Sweet & Sassy stamps will be giving away 2 free digital stamps of the winner's choice this week, so remember to post your take over at Card Patterns! I might be a little ahead of the rest of the design team, but I'm going on a date later with T so here is the sketch: And here's my take:

Isn't that mouse SO adorable??? The moment I saw this cute little dude I knew I wanted to make it bright & cheery. I had the perfect sentiment [from MSE!] to go with it too & that really thrilled me :)

I flipped the sketch around for this card and got to play around with my Cosmo cricket 'Get Happy' paper pad as well as some orange bling paper from DCVW. I didn't want to add too much to the card so as not to take away the focus from the main image.

I printed the image out twice, once on printer paper & once on white cardstock. Then I created a mask & sponged the blue sky background with some Broken China distress ink from Tim Holtz. Coloured him in with Copic markers, add on some cute yellow ribbon & I was done ! Oh, I also added some glossy accents onto the balloons for some fun. I hope you like my take :)

Everyone got to play with different stamps so pop over Card Patterns so check out everyone's take ! Remember there's a prize up for this week too :)
Thanks for stopping by today, have a great weekend!!

Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comments:

Valerie said...

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment on my blog! The CP sketches are a lot of fun and I can't wait for the next one!

All of the cards on your blog are really pretty! Love this little mouse card..the little mouse is adorable!