Simplicity...

Thursday, March 12, 2009

I was amused to find that alot of us have the 'i need to add more' syndrome when scrapbooking/cardmaking. For me, I think it really depends on the mood & mojo of that particular day as well. I find that I can't make something nice when i force myself to, you gotta have the 'flow', yes? I'm beginning to sound like the enstranged artist. *lol*
Anyways, on to today's card! Has anyone seen the new stuff PapertreyInk is churning out?? Having monthly releases (and Gorgeous ones nonetheless) makes my wallet & bank account cry! I NEED to cut down.........soon. :P
I made this card awhile back, I had these crocheted flowers lying around for some time & I wanted to use them. They're really gorgeous just by themselves so not much added here! Although I must say I was darn tempted to add some ribbon *lol*
Crap, I can't really recall where the branches are from. I believe it was a set from October Afternoon. The leaves & smaller flowers were coloured in with Copic markers (love 'em!) & the sentiment is from papertreyink's 'Green Thumb' set.
Ah, is anyone out there a fan of Debbie Olson?? I'm a huge fan of hers & I absolutely look forward to her works & postings. Do you know she's done some videos on Copic colouring on the Classroom? And the fact that she's super nice (she replies to your comments personally via email) is super plus :)
Thanks for coming by today, have a great one!

card supplies:
cardstock: papertreyink vintage cream
stamps: october afternoon & papertreyink 'green thumb'
brads: basic grey 'bittersweet' collection
crochet flowers: my mind's eye
Share/Save/Bookmark

2 comments:

~amy~ said...

gorgeous card...love those crocheted flowers...I'd definitely be hoarding those but I'm glad you didn't :)

Sonya said...

Fiona, I have to say I am surprised to read you loose your mojo from time to time!! One could never tell!! I have so much trouble swaping from scapping to cards then back again, my head is always in the wrong space each time I swap!! Thank you for the link to Debbie Olsen's site, I have had a look and can see why you like it!! I wonder how long it is going to be before Copic's make it to NZ. Perhaps they are here already,I must be due for a trip to the city to check it out!