Friends, Butterflies & doorknobs

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Hello hello! How's your day going?
I met up with an old BFF of mine earlier today for tea (we were pissed off with each other over some misunderstandings) and cleared the polluted air that accumulated over months. Weird thing was, after we purified the air we got along just like old times. Friends like these are hard to find huh?
Anyways, I'm not someone who likes to bear grudges, it's too taxing/tiring feeling angry. But I'm prob the kind of person who needs to cool off for abit first ie. i'll be ignoring you for awhile. *lol* I guess occassionally there are times when you just don't 'click' with certain friends anymore (not talking about today's friend) but I do feel that if you appreciate the person as a friend, the relationship will definitely be worth saving.
All in all, it was great to hear and talk about what we missed in each other's life(lots of goss too, since our boyfriends are best buds). i actually missed her quite abit. ;) OK, on to today's card!!I've been dying to get my hands on some Martha Stewart punches esp. the butterfly ones (hello martha, singapore needs your stuff! *wave wave*) but i couldn't find them anywhere so I was simply thrilled to get my hands on a EK success one. Just a simple card with punching from scrap papers. great way to recycle! The middle trio of the butterflies is punched out from some DCVW glitter paper (12x12 paper pack). I need to use them more often i guess, was hoping to win a Cricut expression over at Moxie fab world's HUGE giveaway last week. It would have been nice to use those papers with the cricut. Alas, no win but the cricut dreamin' is still on :)
The gorgeous 'for you' stamp is from Kim Hughes 'baked with love set'. I seriously don't know what i was thinking when i bought that set, i mean i don't even bake?! or at least i was hoping to get started on baking i guess? now, i just need to go out and buy an oven *lol*
Another item I'm adding to the handmade stash I'll be giving to my beautiful cousin. Made from lovely K & Co berry sweet papers i present to you the door hanger:

Hope she loves it! I'll make sure she hangs it on her door, otherwise i'll make her hang it around her neck *lol* not a very nice gift-giver huh? bwahaha. Off to pack for tomorrow's trip, can't wait!

Share/Save/Bookmark


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

that card's gorgeous.. i dunno why, but i'm getting into the "butterfly phase" recently... haha..