Tutorial Tuesday: Double bows, not only for Easter!

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Hey there peeps! I'm so in love with tying bows like these at the moment, so I thought I'd share 2 cards with you that has the same type of bows on them :) And of course, they're easter-ish! Most of my cards are sold, thank you so much! This red one below is still available, if you'd like to purchase it email me at fetishforpaper(at)gmail(dot)com :)

Dimensions of the card is 3" by 4.25" & will come with an envelope and a custom envelope seal with your initial. Local postage (singapore) is free & USD$1 for other countries. The card is USD$3 :)

I made the above card with the intention on focusing on that GORGEOUS sentiment (stamp set's from the Rubber Soul deal i told you about few weeks ago buy 2 get 1!) & I think you could just make out images from Papertreyink's 'life' set stamped with versamark there.
These bows are really simple to do, check out how from the video i made below. Just a quick note, use these on cards that have strip/s of ribbon adhered to them & then do the double bow separately and adhere with some Zip dry or fabric glue. I totally love working with satin ribbons for this technique, simply because they're easier to work with & they give off a nice, soft sheen look. You could make it with pretty much any ribbons though, I made the how-to video using some saddle stitched grosgrain :)

Here's another card using a double bow:

This card is actually made from a piece of scrap cardstock I had lying around after cutting out a large circle from it. I used a piece of transparency from Hambly's (LOVE it!) & made it into a window card :) The cute little squirel & the sentiment is from this New clear dollar stamp set & the cardstock plus ribbon is from Papertreyink.

Here's a video to show you how I made the bows, it's a really quick one & prob has some shots out of the frame (darn!) but I think you'll get it haha.

ps: if you've noticed i changed a few things around on my blog, most obviously the background colour & also smal things like the width of the side bar etc. i noticed that some peeps actually charge to do these things for you, but seriously you can find everything & anything you need to know about using blogspot over at bloggerbuster.com !
Have a great day, more cute things lined up for the next few days! :)
Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comments:

Kate said...

i've always fancied bows but i'm virtually clueless on how to do up bows that look like bows. haha.. tfs!