Amy butler cards + pincushion

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Remember I was saying that I broke out some of my Amy Butler paper the other day? well here are the cards I made with it. The patterned papers used on these 2 cards are basically the flip sides of one piece (couldn't bring myself to use the rest *lol) And one is the scraps of the other,kwim? no wastage here peeps hahaSo the owl image is from one of the old Kit of the month from Unity stamps Co. And that grey branch is something I cut out from Cosmo cricket's 'ever after' line.Btw did you know amy butler has free patterns for both paper & fabric projects? SO my kinda girl, check out here site yea?

Here's the other side of the paper (from the Lotus collection) Isn't is GorJuss? i HAD to use up every scrap :)
So on to some sewing! :

Ok so my pincushion is a tad out of shape, but seriously i don't care cos it basically still functions as one *lol* It's really easy and fun to make! I learnt how to here. I used white felt for the other side & am totally feeling elated at my new found passion for sewing. I also made another one of those boxy pouches for Regina, photos tomorrow!
Have a great day peeps! it's the weekend !!

Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comments:

Joshua Jiraffe Designs said...

Hey Fiona: Thanks for stopping by my blog. Returning the visit. I love the paper on that second card...the first one is cute but the paper on the second is gorgeous, as you said. Also, love you pin-cushion. I'm taking sewing lessons again for the second time in my life, first when I was a little girl, and I am loving it!!! Enjoying poking around your blog. BTW: Happy Birthday?